pools and spas in Ghana
It was not only the unique square shaped plunge pool at Narellan near Camden and the attractive aesthetics that caught the judges' eye.
The numerous environmental and sustainable energy features provide home owners with the classic example of how to save water, electricity and money in their swimming pool planning and landscaping.
With water conservation being a major priority and most areas in heavily restricted water zones, the Blue Haven Pools sustainable plunge pool is the winner in more ways than one according to judges.
Firstly, the 36,000 litres of water required to fill the swimming pool was not a drain on the district's town water supply. The plunge pool was filled from water tankers commissioned by Blue Haven containing pure drinkable spa water. This is the case with every pool the company constructs.
Since the first days of water restrictions, Blue Haven Pools and Spas has worked closely with Sydney Water Authority and other rural authorities towards the solution for filling swimming pools and spas.
The award winning Narellan pool is a perfect example of water conservation.
- The design of underground rainwater tanks to top up the swimming pool when required
- Supplying filtration and sanitising equipment that use minimum amount of water
- Providing a thermal swimming pool cover to reduce evaporation
- The effective use of solar power for swimming pool heating to save electricity usage and cost
- Recycling overflow water from the swimming pool
In addition, Jamie Durie's PATIO team included numerous water wise horticultural features such as
- Selection of trees and shrubs that require minimum watering for windshields, again to offset water evaporation in the swimming pool
- An eye-catching Japanese style timber feature screen
- Use of artificial grass areas to save watering
The Narellan plunge pool was one of two 2008 SPASA awards collected by Blue Haven Pools and Spas. The second award for Blue Haven Pools and Spas was for a residential concrete swimming pool (traditional geometric) costing up to $50,000.
For further information on designs and innovative swimming pools and spas visit
or contact Blue Haven pools & Spas on 13 20 25.
Blue Haven Pools and Spas is one of the largest concrete pool builders in Australia and is known for well designed, quality built pools at the lowest price. Over 250 industry design awards makes Blue Haven Pools and Spas the most awarded swimming pool builder in Australia.
Visit Blue Haven Pools and Spas at
Blue Have Pools and Spas
Tags: pools and spas in Ghana